The State Treasury publishes a quarterly review, which includes information on recent developments in debt management and an outlook for the upcoming quarter, including auction dates.
A quick summary:
– Most recent forecast for 2024 by the Ministry of Finance includes a net borrowing requirement of EUR 12.88 billion. With redemptions of EUR 30.16 billion, the gross borrowing requirement amounts to EUR 43.04 billion.
– Three new euro benchmark bonds can be expected in 2024, out of which the first is likely to take place in Q1.
– Auction dates for Q1 have been announced.
– Realised net borrowing in 2023 amounted to EUR 14.4 billion, resulting in gross borrowing of EUR 42.4 billion
– Finland’s economy will turn to growth next year, after contracting by half a percentage point in 2023. Ministry of Finance expects Finland’s GDP to grow by 0.7 per cent in 2024 and by 2.0 per cent in 2025.
For full article, please continue to Quarterly Review Q4/2023 in Publications.