The State Treasury publishes a quarterly review, which includes information on recent developments in debt management and an outlook for the upcoming quarter, including auction dates.
A quick summary:
– Long-term funding operations for 2023 are well advanced with all of the euro-denominated supply in syndicated form completed.
– Auction dates for Q4 have been published
– Government’s latest supplementary budget proposal for 2023 indicates a net borrowing requirement of EUR 11.2 billion which implies gross borrowing of EUR 39.3 billion.
– Economic outlook has recently somewhat deteriorated, but GDP growth is expected to pick up slightly in 2024. The Ministry of Finance will release the next economic survey on 9 October.
– According to Annual Climate Report 2023, Finland’s greenhouse gas emissions decreased by 4% in 2022 – but additional measures are needed to reach the national target of carbon neutrality in 2035
For full article, please continue to Quarterly Review Q3/2023 in Publications.