The State Treasury publishes a quarterly review, which includes information on recent developments in debt management and an outlook for the upcoming quarter, including auction dates. The second outlook of 2021 has just been published.
A quick summary:
- State Treasury is planning to issue a new euro benchmark bond in Q3, likely in August – September
- Auction calendar for Q3 has been published
- The government’s latest supplementary budget for 2021 indicates a net borrowing requirement of EUR 14.4 billion which implies gross borrowing of EUR 38.6 billion
- At the end of Q2, approximately 55% of foreseen long-term funding has been completed
- According to latest forecast by the Ministry of Finance, the outlook for the Finnish economy is bright this year: GDP growth is expected to reach 2.6% this year and 2.8% in 2022
For full article, please continue to Quarterly Review 2/2021 on Publications